Next time you find yourself in the tourist capital of San
Francisco, make sure you check out the interactive Museum of 3D
Illusions at Fishermans Wharf.
Please enjoy this sponsored post! It may contain affiliate links.
Museum of 3D Illusions San Francisco
I’ve made stops at a few of these interactive museums, like The Color Factory, before and have had a great time seeing the sites and taking an abundance of pics for Instagram. That’s why when I received an invitation to attend the Museum of 3D Illusions for free, I jumped at the chance!
I did my research before going and had a pose in mind for several of the 3D Illusions that I would encounter. I recommend doing this when planning your visit. There are over 40 3D Illusions and it can be a bit overwhelming if you don’t go in with a game plan.
My Experience At The Museum of 3D Illusions
Before even entering, you can see several 3D Illusions covering almost every inch of wall space within the museum. I was immediately surprised at how small the paintings were, photographs make them look enormous. But, size doesn’t matter, as long as my photographer (husband) stood on the markers painted on the floor and faced the right direction, my photos were guaranteed to come out great!
NoteWorthy: There are free lockers that any museum-goer can use while perusing the paintings. I was greatly appreciative that these lockers were available during our visit. It was a chilly night and I did not want to worry about dragging my coat around.
The Museum of 3D Illusions – Is It Worth It?
Since I had my pose-plan ready, going through the museum only took about half an hour. If I had stopped at every single painting, we might have been there twice or even three times as long. I sought out my favorite illusions to stand, sit, or lie in front of and snap pics.
Honestly, I had more fun than I expected. If you’ve been to a few interactive museums, you probably know that some can be rather disappointing. This one was a pleasant surprise, and while not every illusion looks mind-bending in photos some do quite a good job of tricking your eye into thinking you’re looking at a 3D image.
Here’s what you need to know before you go!
- Location: 55-61 Jefferson St, San Francisco, CA 94133
- Hours: Mon-Fr: 10am-10pm
Sat: 10am-11pm / Sun: 10am-10pm
- Contact Info: 888-386-5585
- Website: https://sfillusions.com/
- Pricing: General Admission: $25 / Kids Admission: $12
- VIP: Skip the line, receive a special gift, and get a one to one experience with a photographer who uses a professional camera to take your photos, edit them and send them within 4 business days.
- VIP Pricing: VIP for One: $75 / VIP for Two: $100
Does this sound like an interactive museum that you’d like to visit?
Become a Patron!
- 7 Foods to Eat For Healthy Hair
- 3 Easy Ways To Make Your Morning More Sustainable
- Museum of 3D Illusions San Francisco
- 4 Wellness Habits That Can Help You Live Your Best Life
- Ways to Balance Holidays and Healthy Eating ideas