Contrary to popular belief, a blogger’s website, articles, photographs, and social media posts do not magically appear out of thin air. A day in the life of a blogger includes planning, communication, content creation, and plain old hard work. One day I decided to loosely document what I worked on. Here is how my day went.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make any purchases after clicking these links I may receive a commission. Shopping these links is a great & easy way to support my blog at no extra cost to you!
A Day in the Life of a Blogger
- I’m starting my day by checking and answering e-mails. This often includes me politely rejecting those requesting that I work for free. Bloggers and Influencers know what I’m talking about!
- On Photography Days: I create and document new makeup looks or photograph products.
- On Writing Days, Like Today: I’m coming up with ideas and beginning new posts.
- Next, I’m going to edit written posts and pictures. Other days, I may do some graphic design to create images that will look good on Pinterest. If necessary, I may search for stock images to use in posts.
- I try to finalize one post a day and that’s what I’m going to do now. This means that I’m adding links, pictures and any special images that I created to the post I’m finishing.
- Once posts are ready to be published, I schedule them. Then I publicize them. I’m doing quite a bit of publicizing today!
- I’m also creating and scheduling an endless number of social media posts, mostly for Twitter. In my opinion, this is the most tedious part of being a blogger.
- Now, I’m answering questions on Quora and posting to my Patreon page to reach even more people and share exclusive content with my Patrons.
- I usually end my day by creating and publishing Instagram posts. I’m ending my day with that today. Time to go pick my little one up from preschool!
But, That’s Not All…
For the most part, this reflects what I work on throughout a typical day. I do a majority of these things on a daily basis (Monday – Friday). The only tasks that I swap are writing and photography. I rarely do both in one day and if I do other tasks are cut from that day.
Other things that may come up are attending events, getting treatments, or taking classes that I’ve been invited to experience and photograph to later write about. Somedays, I may need to test out products. My website is pretty well-established, but a little tweaking is necessary from time to time. Mainly, maintenance to my site entails changing my ads to keep them fresh and relevant.
I love continuously creating new content to share and always working on something different! Is this what you thought a day in the life of a blogger looked like? Let me know!
Thank you so much for reading this post! Since you’re already here and loving the content, please consider becoming a patron. For as little as $1 a month, that’s only $12 a year, you can proudly show your support and unlock exclusive content created specifically for my Patrons! Become a Patron!
- Staying Healthy and Fit as a Busy Woman
- How To Get Fuller Looking Lashes
- The Complete Guide to Cellulite
- SugarBearHair Women’s MultiVitamins
- The Perfect Pout: Lip Care Tips & Advice