Happy (almost) St. Patrick’s Day!
Are you going green this weekend and celebrating St. Patty’s Day? I’m not Irish, but I am! I love any excuse for a celebration and themed makeup look. If you are at all familiar with the holiday than I’m sure when you think of it, you think of a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, shamrocks, green beer, and leprechauns. Based on all of the stereotypical St. Patty’s Day images, it won’t surprise you that for this St. Patrick’s Day makeup look I choose to feature the colors green and gold!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make any purchases after clicking these links I may receive a commission. Shopping these links is a great & easy way to support my blog at no extra cost to you!
Step-by-Step St. Patrick’s Day Makeup Tutorial
Create the perfect, smooth canvas by applying a makeup primer.
Apply and blend in a long-lasting, full coverage foundation that has a natural finish.
Use concealer as necessary to cover blemishes, remaining redness, and to brighten dark undereye circles. You may want to use more than one concealer for this, one for under your eyes and one for anywhere else that needs a little concealing.
Brush a nude eyeshadow primer or liquid eyeshadow over your entire eyelid up to your brow bone.
Blend a green eyeshadow over the outer half of your eyelids.
Press a shimmering gold eyeshadow onto the inner half of your eyelids.
Prep your eyes for eyeliner with gentle medical tape. Apply a small piece of tape, about an inch long, to the outer corners of your eyes angled toward the tail end of your eyebrowS. Check out my tutorial on this here.
Line your upper lash line with a deep green metallic color. Use an eyeliner or eyeshadow, whatever you have on hand. I used an eyeshadow that I applied with a damp angled brush.
Remove the medical tape to reveal your perfect winged eyeliner!
Apply false lashes. I like to use a brush-on lash adhesive that has vitamins in it to do this.
Blend the false lashes into your natural lashes using a tiny bit of mascara.
Line your lower lash line with a shimmering dark brown eyeshadow or eyeliner. Again, use what you have available. I used the same method I used to line my upper lash line: a damp angled brush and eyeshadow.
To finish your eye makeup look, blend a matte beige eyeshadow onto your brow bone.
FACE MAKEUP CONTINUED
Blend a gold-toned highlighter onto the tops of your cheekbones.
Brush this highlighter down the top half of the bridge of your nose. Then, in a circular motion, highlight the very tip of your nose.
Blend just a little bit of this highlighter onto your cupid’s bow, right above your upper lip.
If you’re wearing this makeup look with a top that reveals your collar bones, highlight your collar bones with the same golden highlighter. This top would be SO cute with this St. Patrick’s Day makeup look!
Lightly blend a light bronzer below your cheeks bones, on either side of the bridge of your nose and along your hairline at the top of your forehead.
Next, blend this light bronzer along either side of your jawline. Extend this line down to your neck, on either side of your Adam’s apple.
Apply a creamy, nude matte lipstick. I’m not a huge fan of this beauty brand, but I do really love this lipstick.
If you create this makeup look on yourself, please share it with me by uploading it to social media and tagging me #bayareabeautyblogger and @bayareabeautyblogger on Instagram!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Have fun and stay safe!
- Too Faced Primed and Peachy Cooling Matte Perfecting Primer – Shop it.
- Dior Diorskin Forever Undercover 24-Hour Full Coverage Water-Based Foundation – Shop it.
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer – Shop it.
- Bobbi Brown Instant Full Cover Concealer – Shop it.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo – Shop it.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel – Shop it.
- e.l.f. cosmetics Beautifully Bare Smooth Matte Eyeshadow in Nude Linen – Shop it.
- Pinky Rose Cosmetics Bright Lights Palette – Shop it.
- Too Faced Boss Lady Beauty Agenda Palette – Available on Amazon.*
- MOSCHINO x Sephora Bear Eyeshadow Palette – Available on Amazon.*
- *The prices on these are very high because they are limited edition eyeshadow palettes that are no longer being manufactured.
- Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Eyeshadow Palette in Tropical Days – Shop it.
- Nexcare Gentle Paper Tape – Shop it.
- DUO Brush-On Lash Adhesive with Vitamins A, C, & E – Shop it.
- Ardell Natual Multipack, Demi Wispies – Shop it.
- Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara – Shop it.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit – Aurora – Shop it.
- Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Butter Bronzer – Light Bronzer – Shop it.
- Kat Von D Studded Kiss Creme Lipstick in Divine – Shop it.
- Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray – Shop it.