The May 2018 Julep Maven beauty box is all about the Golden Hour, when it comes to makeup, and Feeling All Bright, when it comes to nail color. The makeup collection this month features three new shades of the Skip the Brush CrÃ¨me-to-Powder Blush Stick. These three new shades offer the versatility of being used as blushes or highlighters. The first shade, Rose Gold, can be used as both a blush and highlighter. Pearl Glow would make a gorgeous highlighter and Muted Mauve would be a beautiful blush. Since these products are in stick form, you don’t need a brush to apply them. Swipe them on, blend them in with your fingertips and you’re glowing.
All three of these brand new shades look very pretty BUT, I skipped the featured collection of makeup this month and put together my own Julep Maven Beauty Box. For the first time ever, I did include a shade of nail polish from the brand new shades released for this month. I chose the shade Afton (Classic With a Twist), a Vanilla Beige CrÃ¨me.
The other brand new shades for May 2018 are:
- Lilith (Bombshell) – Orchid Blossom Shimmer
- Presley (Classic With a Twist) – Sizzling Hibiscus Iridescent
- Tenaya (Bombshell) – Vibrant Marigold CrÃ¨me
- Marisha (Wonder Maven) – Juicy Mandarin Ghost Shimmer
- Maisy (Boho Glam) – Purple Aster Microshimmer
- Sam (It Girl) – Limeade CrÃ¨me
- April (Boho Glam) – Vermillion CrÃ¨me
THE JULEP MY MAVEN BOX DETAILS
Every month Julep releases a brand newÂ collectionÂ of products. This monthly collection of products includes beauty products and brand new nail polish colors, including some that may be limited edition. Recipients can choose exactly what they receive each month on Julepâ€™s website between the 20th and 24th of the month. Otherwise, they can let Julep decide based on their Beauty Bio answers.Â The Julep My Maven Beauty Box contains $40+ worth of products.
Julep offers 2 levels of boxes: the My Maven Beauty Box (which this post focuses on) and the Maven Luxe Box.
- The My Maven Beauty Box contains $40+ worth of products for $24.99/month or $19.99/month with a 3-month prepaid subscription.
- The Maven Luxe Box contains $60+ worth of products for $39.99/month or $34.99/month with a 3-month prepaid subscription.
Boxes ship out every month starting on the 27th, they continue shipping for the next couple of weeks. It takes boxes 7-10 days to arrive.
You can easily cancel by calling or e-mailing Julep, specifics are on their FAQ page. Besides cancelling, you have the option to skip a month. This can be done by logging into your account between the 20th and 24th and selecting â€œEdit My Box.â€ Next select â€œEdit Your Details,â€ then select the option â€œSkip this month.â€
WHAT DID I GET
With a Twist Lash Boosting Bamboo MascaraÂ
$22.00Â $17.60 for Mavens (Subscribers)
- The ability to adjust the size of the brush used to apply this mascara makes it unique and oh so cool! I can’t help but get super excited about this. By using the twisting mechanism on the cap of this mascara you can either focus on building volume by shortening the brush or you can lengthen the brush and your lashes.
Above, the brush is extended for length on the left and shortened for volume on the right.
$18.00Â $14.40 for Mavens
- The very fine synthetic bristles on this brush allow you to apply eyeshadow and blend it in with ease.
Nail Color in Afton (Classic With a Twist)
$14.00 $11.20 for Mavens
- This color is described as a “Vanilla Beige CrÃ¨me,” but it has more of a soft gray hue in my opinion. I haven’t used it yet, so that may just be how it appears in the bottle. Either way I’m looking forward to rocking this neutral Spring/Summer color.
*Add On* Take a Breather Oxygen Nail Treatment in Sheer Shimmer
$18.00 $14.40 for Mavens
- I used my Jules (reward points that I had saved up) to add this to my box this month. This product is so much more than a polish, it strengthens and protects your nails. It is formulated with Hexanal, which apparently strengthens nails, anti-aging plant cells, and a UV filter. It’s called “Take a Breather” because it’s made with Oxygen Technology that allows your nail beds to breath while you’re wearing it. Is that even possible? I don’t know, but it’s pretty awesome if it is.
Â Just so you know: This post may contain affiliate links.
What’s your favorite beauty subscription box? Please share in the comments below, keep scrolling, you’ll find them! 🙂
Remember, as Julep says, “If you can put it on, you can pull it off!”