Whitening your teeth can be uncomfortable and sometimes even painful. My teeth get very sensitive after using any teeth whitening products. I tend to avoid teeth whitening products all together and just try to take good care of my teeth to keep the color light and bright.
My relationship with teeth whitening products has forever changed since being introduced to Carbon Coco. Now, I can use a teeth whitening product that does not cause any pain or discomfort at all. The Carbon Coco Ultimate Carbon Kit is easy to use and surprisingly effective. Thank you Carbon Coco for sending it my way to review!
I like the asthetic of the sleek black packaging with white text and mint accents. The tub is conveniently shaped allowing you to coat your toothbrush with the activated charcoal tooth polish with ease. Just handle the tub with care, tilting it or opening it quickly could result in you being surrounded by a black cloud of activated charcoal.
The toothpaste tube is pretty standard. It has the same color scheme as the tooth polish tub. The spearmint activated charcoal toothpaste is housed in a tube that you squeeze the toothpaste out of. The cap does need to be screwed off and back on again after use, because of this be careful not to drop it and potentially loose it. Also, be sure to put the cap back on the tube after you’re done brushing your teeth to keep the toothpaste fresh.
The Activated Charcoal Tooth Polish feels like powder. It’s very lightweight, and as mentioned above, will make quite a mess if you’re not careful. I wasn’t looking forward to testing this at first because I was afraid it would have a grainy feel, like I was brushing my teeth with sand. Thankfully, this was not the case. This has zero taste, and doesn’t feel like you’re using a tooth polish. It doesn’t really feel any different from brushing your teeth as you normally would.
The Activated Charcoal Toothpaste feels like a gel toothpaste. The spearmint flavor is very mild. Although the toothpaste is just as black as the tooth polish, this toothpaste turns to a white foam while you’re using it. Again, it doesn’t feel grainy.
The bamboo charcoal toothbrush has very soft black bristles and a smooth, sheer teal handle. There are some ridges on the grip of the toothbrush to prevent it from slipping out of your hand.
INGREDIENTS & CLAIMS
Activated Charcoal Tooth Polish:
This tooth polish is made with 100% Organic Coconut Shell Activated Charcoal. It also contains a small amount of bentonite powder and lemon myrtle. As stated on carboncoco.com, these ingredients are meant to:
- Prevent Bad Breath
- Remove Plaque
- Prevent Harmful Bacteria Growth.
The tooth polish is super finely milled, meaning it won’t damage your enamel or gums. UPDATE (4/4/2018): I spoke with a retired Dentist who suggests being cautious when trying Charcoal products because enamel does not come back once it has been worn off. Consider this when deciding if Activated Charcoal is something you’d like to try. Run it by your Dentist before using it and follow their recommendation to be on the safe side. Unlike other teeth whitening products, the Activated Charcoal tooth polish not only whitens teeth, it also improves the health of your mouth overall.
Activated Charcoal Toothpaste:
Let’s start with what this toothpaste doesn’t have: fluoride. Fluoride isn’t necessarily a must when it comes to brushing your teeth. Even without fluoride the Activated Charcoal Toothpaste promises to fight cavities, plaque, gingivitis, and bad breath. If you regularly use fluoride toothpaste and feel uncomfortable switching to fluoride free toothpaste, talk to your Dentist and see what they recommend for you. If fluoride free toothpaste isn’t the best option for you (i.e. you have tooth decay), use the tooth polish in addition to your regular toothpaste instead.
In the Evening:
- Wet your super soft Bamboo Charcoal Toothbrush.
- Gently dip the bristles of your toothbrush into the Activated Charcoal Tooth Polish tub.
- Tap off any excess Activated Charcoal, making sure the tips of your toothbrush’s bristles are completely coated in charcoal.
- Brush your teeth with the Activated Charcoal for 3 minutes.
- Rinse your mouth and follow this up by brushing your teeth as you normally would with the Activated Charcoal Toothpaste.
In the Morning:
- Brush your teeth as you normally would with the Activated Charcoal Toothpaste.
- Enjoy your brighter, whiter smile.
COST & WHERE TO PURCHASE
The Activated Charcoal Tooth Polish, Activated Charcoal Toothpaste, and Bamboo Charcoal Toothbrush, can all be purchased on CarbonCoco.com.
- Activated Charcoal Tooth Polish: $29.95
- Activated Charcoal Toothpaste (2 Pack): $29.95
- Bamboo Charcoal Toothbrush: $4.95
- Ultimate Carbon Kit – Includes the 3 Products Listed Above: $44.95 (Value: $64.85)
BAY AREA BEAUTY BLOGGER (BABB) APPROVED?
- Activated Charcoal Tooth Polish
- Yes, I think the Activated Charcoal Tooth Polish is worth a try. It’s effective and really fun to create Instagram stories with. I’ll be taking full advantage of the zombie look it gives me when Halloween rolls around. Watch my demo video above to see exactly what I mean.
- Activated Charcoal Toothpaste
- I’d talk to your Dentist before making the decision to switch to the Activated Charcoal Toothpaste because of the lack of fluoride. Otherwise, this is a great, mildly flavored toothpaste.
- Bamboo Charcoal Toothbrush
- When using the tooth polish, I think it’s best to use the Bamboo Charcoal Toothbrush with it. This brush is designed specifically to be used with the charcoal and is less than $5. I like to use my electric toothbrush with the charcoal toothpaste.
- Ultimate Carbon Kit
- If you’re interested in trying out Activated Charcoal, this is the most cost effective way to do it. After consistently using the Activated Charcoal Tooth Polish, Toothpaste, and Bamboo Charcoal Toothbrush, my teeth are looking pearly white.
Is Activated Charcoal something you’d be interested in trying? Please let me know in the comments!
Have a beautiful day!