We’ve just entered 2018 so what better time to reflect and start afresh? You may have made your New Year’s resolutions and be working your way towards achieving them, but don’t forget to look after yourself as you go. From simply booking in a little time for unwinding to learning how to get shiny hair and developing a beauty regime that’s suited to your hair and skin type, I’d like to show you a few ways to pamper yourself this year.
Set aside a little ‘me’ time
New year, new start. This is the perfect time to start taking really good care of yourself. Whilst eating healthily and getting regular exercise is vital for physical health, making time to treat yourself is vital for your psyche too. Whether it’s taking time for a long soak in the bath, a few minutes every day to completely relax or an hour or two here and there for some pampering, you deserve some space to re-boot your energy stores. Check your diary and set aside some ‘me’ time each week – you deserve it, so make it a priority.
Invest in some quality products
You’ve decided to set aside some time for yourself to indulge in a little pampering, and part of that is treating yourself to some new skin and hair care products. Buying good products will save you money in the long run because you won’t need to replace the sub-standard ones as often. For example, if you want to know how to get shiny hair easily, quality conditioning treatments and hair masks can really help.
You can even go the extra mile and prepare a DIY hair mask once or twice a week. Here are a few key ingredients that will help revive your hair:
- Extra virgin olive oil: Ideal for dry hair, olive oil helps boost softness and shine, while preventing a dry scalp, hair breakage and split ends.
- Coconut oil: Ideal for dry and thinning hair, coconut oil is full of vitamins which nourish dry hair, moisturize strands from root to tip and help with detangling.
- Honey: Besides helping your hair retain moisture, it’s a great hydrant and hair softener.
- Avocado: Ideal for dull hair, avocado is one of the answers to how to get shiny hair, while also fighting frizz and repairing damaged strands.
Create a manageable beauty regime
You will feel and look better by following a regular beauty regime and allowing yourself some guilt-free time to take care of your hair and skin. The key is knowing your skin and hair type, and then using guidelines to learn how to care for them throughout the year. The following general tips will help:
- Dry hair: If you’ve got dry locks and want to know how to get shiny hair, the combination of laying off the heat tools, avoiding daily shampooing and using deep conditioning treatments will really help
- Oily hair: You can shampoo regularly but avoid oils and deep conditioning treatments on the roots. Rinsing with lemon can help, as can avoiding over-touching, as that can spread oil around your hair
- Normal hair: The lucky ones. You can shampoo regularly and enjoy deep conditioning treatments at your leisure – just don’t overdo it though
- Dry skin: Use a gentle cleanser, moisturize throughout the day when needed and apply a rich overnight cream too
- Oily skin: Make sure you cleanse morning and night with a pH balanced cleanser. Use a moisturizer with SPF to avoid flare ups in the sun and be careful with your make up choices
- Combination skin: When you’ve got a combo of dry cheeks and an oily t zone you need to adapt to the seasons (things can get drier in the winter and oilier in summer). Don’t be afraid to use different products for different parts of your face either
Now that you’ve learned some useful information I hope you, like me, are already looking forward to a good bit of pampering in 2018!
I hope you enjoyed this guest post written by Joana from Mavens of London. Thank you Joana for providing these great tips!
If you’d like your article to be featured on BayAreaBeautyBlogger.com, please use the CONTACT page to submit your ideas.
Now, go ahead and Treat Yo’ Self!