I’m sure a lot of you are traveling right now, are you comfortable? Traveling by car, boat, plane, or train is difficult enough already, don’t make things worse by dressing uncomfortably. And, no, I’m not about to suggestion that you travel in pajamas. Pajamas are for bed, not the airport.
To guarantee your comfort throughout your travels, dress in layers. That is seriously the best thing you can do for yourself! My ideal cold weather travel ensemble is as follows: a long sleeve dress, blanket-like cardigan, winter coat, scarf, leggings, knee-high socks, and boots.
Let’s Break it Down:
- Long Sleeve Dress – You could swap this out for a long sleeve tunic.
- Blanket-like Cardigan – Any loose fitting, warm cardigan would work.
- Winter CoatÂ – You’re most likely traveling to or from cold weather and a coat will be necessary, don’t pack it, save that precious suitcase space and wear it!
- Scarf – It’ll keep you warm and can be folded up to double as a make-shift pillow.
- Leggings – Or thick tights, like I’m wearing in the photos below. Either way, pick a pair that’s comfortable.
- Knee-high Socks – Or any socks that fit at or above your ankle. You don’t want your socks sliding off the back of your heels while you’re walking around, that’s why I suggest that they hit above your ankle or higher. Having your socks slide off your heels, especially in boots, is SO annoying.
- Boots – Just like the winter coat, don’t pack your boots, they take up too much space, wear them!
If you’re traveling in or out of true winter weather (snow, freezing rain, temperatures in the 30’s or lower) you’re going to want to add a hat and gloves to this list too!
In this look we’re keeping everything neutral and simple. Combinations of black and gray are winter-y and classic. Due to its laid back vibes and neutral palette, the cardigan in this outfit can be worn throughout your trip to give you extra warmth when you’re out and about or it can keep you cozy when you’re snuggling up on the couch. I’m picturing this cardigan with pajamas, a glass of wine, a good movie, and family.
This outfit has a lighter feel and look to it. It’s still neutral overall, but the addition of pale pink and cream soften the look. The Madewell scarf is the stand out piece in this outfit. It’s versatile and, because of the pastel colors, can be worn through spring. The Free People dress is a favorite of mine too, it keeps this outfit trendy and cool.
This is the most festive outfit of the bunch. The combination of evergreen and deep red hint at Christmas without being in-your-face-obvious. I love and would wear all of these outfits, but I must confess that this last ensemble is my favorite. It has the most affordable pieces too, which means I may be rocking some of these pieces myself in the next few weeks! I’m not traveling this year, but I still need casual outfits for family gatherings!
To create your ideal travel look, combine pieces pictured above. Or, to save you time, the above options have already been organized in head to toe looks. It’s a no-brainer, get these items and your look is jet-set ready!
Which of the above looks is your favorite?
Before you go, please Like this post and Subscribe to my Blog for more Holiday looks, Makeup Tutorials, and Product Reviews!