You can really make any matte shadow shimmer by following the straightforward tutorial below. Try this look out and let me know how you like it!
Step 1:Â Complete your morning skincare routine and be sure to apply SPF! Then, put on your foundation, concealer, and brow filler.
Step 2:Â Next, cover your eyelid in a super shimmery gold eyeshadow. I like using a gold eyeshadow stick for this step, eyeshadow sticks tend to be creamier.
Step 3:Â Press a muted brown (or whatever matte color you’d like) on top of the shimmery base you’ve created. In this look, I used Divine from the Lime Crime Venus palette. To complete your eyeshadow application, brush a highlighting eyeshadow over your brow bone and in the inner corners of your eyes.
Step 4:Â Add a black pencil eyeliner to the outer corners of your lower lash line.
Step 5:Â Apply black liquid eyeliner to your upper lash line and create a wing if you’d like. I think wings enhance every makeup look!
Step 6:Â Brush on a lengthening and curling mascara and that’s it, you’ve successfully added shimmer to your eyeshadow and completed this easy eye makeup tutorial!
To complete my face makeup, I put on a highlighter, a blush, and a brown shade of lipstick. I locked in my look with a setting spray.
The Complete List of Makeup Products Used to Create this Look
- Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer CrÃ¨me
- Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation
- Adorn CosmeticsÂ Mineral Brow Dust
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick
- Divine and Aura from theÂ Lime Crime Venus Eyeshadow Palette
- MarcJacobsBeautyÂ Highliner Gel Eye Crayon
- theBalm Cosmetics Schwing Liquid Eyeliner
- Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling and Lifting Mascara
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Glow Stick Glistening Illuminator
- Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette
- e.l.f. Cosmetics Velvet Matte Lipstick
- Glow Cult Cosmetics “Dew Me” Rose Water Priming and Setting Mist
What are your thoughts on adding shimmer to your muted eyeshadow shades?
Bay Area Beauty Blogger
Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Using these affiliate links is a great way to purchase any products you need, or would like to try, while supporting my blog!