Highlighting is huge this summer, so we can’t possible leave that out of the mix. So get inspired by the list below, put on a cute outfit, highlight those cheeks, and go have some summer fun!
In our first look, we have one of my favorite rompers with gold and neutral accessories to go with it. The highlighter that would complete the makeup look that you create to go with this outfit is from Too Faced. Rompers, like dresses, are so easy! Throw one on and you’re ready to go.
Shop the Look:
- Lush Embroidered Cold Shoulder Romper – $49.00 (Currently Only Available in Pink) – Nordstrom
- Steven by Steve Madden SabbleÂ Leather Espadrille Platform Sandals – $49.00 (On Sale) – Lord & Taylor
- JADEtribe White Tasseled Basket Bag – $198.00 – Revolve
- Taolei Freshwater Pearl Lariat Necklace – $19.97 – Nordstrom Rack
- Gold Arrow End Cuff Bangle – $37.50 (On Sale) – Lord & Taylor
- Too Faced Love Light Prismatic Highlighter – $30.00 – Sephora.com
This look, featuring a mermaid tank top from Wildfox, is colorful and fun. It’s a perfect casual look to wear for whatever weekend activities you have planned this summer. The sneakers guarantee you’ll be comfortable, so don’t be afraid to do ample walking in this ensemble. From the Aurora Glow Kit, I’d go with the shade entitled Orion, it’s the light blueish one that complements this outfit so well!
Shop the Look:
- BFF Mermaid Barback Tank – $34.00 (Final Sale) – Wildfox Couture
- Levi’s 501 Cutoff Denim Shorts – $69.50 – Nordstrom
- Nike Flex RN 2017 Women’s Running Shoes – $85.00 – Zappos
- Panacea Multi-strand Tassel Bracelet – $28.00 – Nordstrom
- Gabriela Fringe Drops – $38.00 – Nordstrom
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit – Aurora – $40.00 – Macy’s
This look is perfect for a summer brunch or lounging during a summer vacation. I think this would also be ideal for drinks at a bar on the beach. Clearly, this outfit brings visions of sun and sand to mind. The bag, that “hat” is actually a bag, is so adorable that I couldn’t resist accessorizing this maxi dress with it. To complete the outfit with a beachy glow, I recommend using the J’Adore Le Soleil highlighter pictured. It is called “I adore the sun” after all.
Shop the Look:
- Lush Knit Maxi Dress – $52.00 – Nordstrom
- Betsey JohnsonÂ Kitsch Beach Please Hat Crossbody – $78.00 -Â Betsey Johnson
- Billabong Untold Sun Sandals – $45.00 – Swim Outlet
- Charlotte Russe Layered Cuff Bracelet – $6.00 – Charlotte Russe
- Ettika Set Of 2 Choker & Y-Necklace – $50.00 – Nordstrom
- Laura Mercier J’Adore Le Soleil Sunrise Highlighter Crayon – $32.00 – Nordstrom
This outfit makes me think summer music festival or any festival-type event really! Heading to the Farmer’s Market? Throw this on. Going to a craft fair? This is perfect! You get the idea. The sun hat will shield you from the sun and perfectly polish this look. The embroidered dress and sandals will keep you fashionable and cool, even in the hottest summer heat. The bronze booster that goes with this outfit highlights, and you guessed it, bronzes too!
Shop the Look:
- White Embroidered Swing Dress – $65.00 – Lulu’s
- Lilly Pulitzer Genie by Eugenia Kim Cabana Hat – $148.00 – Lilly Pulitzer
- Wrist Cuff – $24.00 (On Sale, Currently Only Available in Red) – Nordstrom
- Kate Spade Basset Lane Emaline – $396.60 (On Sale, Currently Only Available in Black) – Saks Fifth Avenue
- Circus by Sam Edelman Athena Rope Sandals – $27.43 (On Sale) – Macy’s
- Physicians Formula Bronze Booster 2-in-2 Glow-Boosting Bronzer + Highlighter – $11.99 – Bed, Bath & Beyond
While the other outfits in this list are flowy and beachy, this outfit is sleek and perfect for a hot summer day in the city. Instead of drinks or brunch on the beach, I think that this outfit is perfect for drinks or brunch anywhere that has outdoor seating in a dense city. As long as the location has misters outside. 😉 Depending on how hot and humid your city gets, misters are a must! For this I chose a trendy highlighter called “Unicorn Oil” Illuminating Glow Elixir, nothing will give you a glow like this will. Trust me!
Shop the Look:Â
- Beige Shift Dress – $48.00 – Lulu’s
- Black Suede Peep-Toe Booties – $27.00 (On Sale) – Lulu’s
- Pluckin’ Petals Crossbody Bag – $30.00 – Dolls Kill
- Betmar Velvet-Trimmed Floppy Hat – $29.59 (On Sale) – Lord & Taylor
- Ellis Rose Gold Choker Set – $22.00 – francesca’s
- “Unicorn Oil” Illuminating Glow Elixir in Celestial – $22.00 – Glow Cult Cosmetics
Which of the above looks is your favorite?
I’m really liking the Mermaid Tank ensemble and the city summer outfit with the beige dress and black hat!
Bay Area Beauty Blogger
Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Using these affiliate links is a great way to purchase any products you need, or would like to try, while supporting my blog!