Balayage is a French word meaning to sweep or paint. Today’s post is showing off the combination of a full, fresh face of makeup and my balayage highlights. Balayage is a soft, more natural looking highlighting technique that doesn’t use foil to create highlights. I like this form of highlighting the hair because it requires so little maintenance, your roots aren’t highlighted so you can let your hair grow as long as you’d like before touching up the tone. The fresh and natural look of makeup that I created to go with my hair uses soft pinks and a brown eyeliner. Pictures of my look, the products I used to create it, and info. on who gave me this highlighted hair is all below.
The Products I used:
- Clinique Superbalanced Makeup
- Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer
- Stowaway Creaseless Concealer
- Skone Cosmetics Brow Wand
- Wet N Wild Color Icon Kohl Liner Pencil
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
- theBalm Mad Lash Mascara
- Eyeshadows are from theBalm Voyage Vol.2 Palette
- NARS Blush in Goulue
- Orglamix Cream Luminizer
- Lipstick Queen Big Bang Gloss in Infinite
- COOLA Make Up Setting Spray SPF 30
My balayage was done by Erin Quigley at Swoon A Boutique Salon in San Carlos, CA. I did my own hair styling for the photos above.
Do you have or have you ever tried Balayage highlights? Let me know! Thanks for reading and be sure to check out my next post:
Play! by Sephora March 2017 Subscription Box Review.